Technology · Lagos Flexible Remote
We are Hiring!!!
Moove is on a mission to make Africa and other emerging markets more productive and successful by redefining access to auto finance and vehicle ownership. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across tier 1 African cities. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
About the Role
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for working with our engineering team helping them build out their application development pipelines using CI/CD. You will work as part of a team and help design, develop, and deliver the technology and applications that totally powers every aspect of the business from driver onboarding and registration to real-time maintenance and analytics.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will help improve automation, infrastructure reliability, and enable our engineering team to use new technologies in a scalable, reliable, and highly available way. This position requires a lot of hands-on experience and will work closely with Engineering teams and is an opportunity to help create infrastructure and best practices using cutting edge technologies at a startup that is in its scaling phase
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will help improve automation within our Tech team and also be a representative and ambassador for the team across the company as well as to external stakeholders. The ideal candidate for the role will be someone who is a Tech expert and who has hands-on experience in application development.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensure reliable and secure production and pre-production environments
- Develop, test, and maintain build and deployment scripts in CI/CD framework/tools to automate and streamline deployment processes.
- Maintain and actively harden infrastructure shared among multiple development teams.
- AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB)
- RESTful APIs & GraphQL
- Django / NodeJS / ASP .NET
- Elasticsearch / MongoDB
What You will need for this position
- 3-5+ years' experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role
- Deep knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure technologies and AWS APIs
- Strong understanding of scripting languages (i.e. Bash, Python)
- Hands-on experience with database technology (i.e. MongoDB, SQL, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD and build automation tools, with a focus on integration of automated testing into the deployment process
- Excellent Documentation skills
- Great Communicator: Ability to work independently on assigned tasks while keeping stakeholders informed of progress, setbacks, and updated timelines
You’ll immediately move to the top of the list if you can meet any of these requirements
- Extended experience working with Elastic Container Service (ECS) and/or Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Experience in monitoring tools like New Relic, Sumo Logic, Prometheus
- Hands-on expertise in infrastructure as code technologies, such as Terraform, Packer
KPIs that will be measured after you start
- Availability, maintainability, and scalability of applications built
- Delivery of highly reliable, redundant, performant, and fault-tolerant software delivery pipelines
- Response time to issue resolution
- Testing quality and coverage
Who You'll Be Working with:
Directly reporting to our Chief Technology Officer and closely working with our Technology Team.
About the team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of the information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
About Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and is Uber's preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratize vehicle ownership and empower mobility entrepreneurs across Africa.
Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Trust and Ownership.