Technology · Lagos Flexible Remote
We are Hiring!!
Moove is on a mission to make Africa and other emerging markets more productive and successful by redefining access to auto finance and vehicle ownership. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across tier 1 African cities. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
About the Role
Moove is looking for an experienced professional with strong IT skills and an entrepreneurial attitude to be the Frontend Engineer, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. As a proven result–driven person, the Frontend Engineer will be tasked with developing new applications and maintaining current applications.
In this role, you will dig deep into application development that makes the organization more efficient, effective, and amazing. If you are creative, some big ideas, and an uncanny knack for organization, this is the role for you!
We are seeking a resourceful and hands-on Frontend Developer to join the rapidly growing development team. The ideal candidate should have a serious passion for user-centered design and development; believes in constantly evolving and improving through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation; and has the agility to go from the whiteboard design of an application all the way to superior code implementation.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Developing new applications and maintain current applications to support
- Taking charge and be a decision driver for assigned web platforms
- Ability to explain issues, decisions, and solutions to the team succinctly
- Producing prototypes and effectively articulate design decisions
What You will need for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related programming degree
- Extensive web development experience (with associated portfolio) in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge of data visualization and charting libraries (e.g. D3, Recharts, DC, C3, Plotly, etc.)
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Ability to create mockups and prototypes quickly
- Ability to interact with and integrate RESTful API platforms/endpoints
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure (e.g AWS)
- The propensity for proper documentation and source control
KPIs that will be measured after you start
- Code quality
- Availability, maintainability, and scalability of applications built
- Defects/bugs found in production code
- Response time to issue resolution
- Testing quality and coverage
Who You'll Be Working with:
Directly reporting to our Chief Technology Officer and closely working with our Tech Team
About the team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of the information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic.
About Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and is Uber's preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratize vehicle ownership and empower mobility entrepreneurs across Africa.
Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Trust and Ownership.