Head of EV
Operations Flexible Remote
Moove is on a mission to make Africa and other emerging markets more productive and successful by redefining access to auto finance and vehicle ownership. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across tier 1 African cities. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector
About the Role
The Head of EV will be responsible for formulating our global strategy with respect to the introduction of EVs (car and two-wheeler) into our Fleet in all markets (Europe, Africa and the Middle East). There will be an inherent requirement to understand the EV practicality in each market relating to Infrastructure; Availability of Products; Maintenance of EVs; Utilisation etc.
This role will also be responsible for creating awareness and upskilling the business on EVs and also ensure that our systems and technology are geared toward the migration to this type of fleet.
General and Task Management
- Conduct market research and develop a strategy on the introduction of EVs into the fleet
- Disrupt the current infrastructure and product offering to execute on the goal of launching EVs in Africa
- Work with the Fleet Procurement team to create vehicle supply as well as maintenance partnerships across all markets (Europe, Africa and the Middle East)
- Work with the wider cross-functional team to ensure that we have an adequate pricing model for the EV vertical
- Create awareness and upskill staff at Moove on EVs
- Work with the marketing team to drive the marketing collateral associated with the EV Fleet
- Work with partners to execute trials for EVs in respective markets. This will include setting up infrastructure for charging; building the after-sales capacity for the OEM in the respective market and executing on the deployment of EVs
- Work with our Technology team to ensure that our systems are adapted where required to cater for EVs
- Design reports and dashboards that report on our EV fleet with respect to SLA adherence; Procurement and Supply; Maintenance and utilisation
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
Skills and Attributes
- Proven experience working on the sale and deployment of EVs into markets
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially aware with experience of managing a budget
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
Qualifications and Experience Levels
- Relevant Commercial or Business Degree
- Proven experience in dealing with EVs
About the team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of the information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or, if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
About Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and is Uber's preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratise vehicle ownership and empower mobility entrepreneurs across Africa.
Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Trust and Ownership.