Moove is on a mission to build the largest mobility fintech for emerging markets. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across tier 1 African cities. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
About the Role
We are seeking an Android Software Engineer to help us democratize vehicle finance. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Fintech Android App and SDK. You will also be responsible for developing new Android applications for improving our users’ and partners’ experience.
- Develop and maintain the Mapillary family of Android apps and SDK
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build new and innovative application experiences for Android
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques.
- Build reusable Android software components for interfacing with our back-end platforms.
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance.
- Builds unit, integration and behavior tests for current and new scenarios.
- Monitor releases, use continuous integration tools for development and deployment.
- Experience building Android applications in Java using Android SDK.
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques.
- Experience with multithreading programming and mobile memory management.
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques.
- Experience with multi-threading, battery, and memory management specific to mobile devices.
- Experience with caching mechanisms.
- Knowledge of UI design principles and making apps work.
- Experience developing end-to-end Android applications.
- Experience with network programming and custom UIs.
- Experience with technologies and languages like Flutter, JNI, C/C++, and Kotlin
About the team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make financial freedom within reach.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and Uber's preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratize financial services to make our customers more productive and successful. Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence,