Moove is on a mission to make Africa and other emerging markets more productive and successful by redefining access to auto finance and vehicle ownership. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services in cities across the world. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
About the Role
Moove is looking for an experienced professional with strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial attitude to be a Senior Backend Developer, reporting to the Engineering Manager. As a proven result driven person, the Senior Backend Developer will be integral to the end-to-end development of our best-in-class enterprise platform which will serve our drivers, business clients, partners and executive team.
In this role, you will dig deep into the building of structures required to make a system application needed by the organization more efficient, effective and amazing. If you've got excellent communication skills, some big ideas, and an uncanny knack for database management, this is the role for you!
The ideal candidate for the role will be someone who is a tech expert, and who also has deep knowledge and experience with building scalable and fault tolerant backend platforms as well as the development of internal and external APIs with major emphases on real time data. Our ideal candidate has to be very experienced in a major backend framework like NodeJS (ExpressJS) or Python (Django) as well as considerable experience integrating with RESTful APIs. Experience working with real time data, data pipelines and databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB) are highly desirable but more than anything, we are looking for a developer who has the ability to research and quickly create PoCs that will work best for our needs.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer who will work as part of a team, and help in designing, developing, and delivering the technology and applications that totally powers every aspect of the business from driver onboarding and registration to real time maintenance and analytics, and also be a representative and ambassador for the team across the company as well as to external stakeholders.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, prototype and architect scalable and fault tolerant platforms that work seamlessly on web and mobile platforms
- Designing and developing complex data pipelines to merge, enrich, query and visualize data from multiple sources and formats
- Designing and developing Inbound & Outbound APIs
- Collaborating with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- AWS (EC2, Elastic Container Service, S3, Lambdas)
- NodeJS (ExpressJS) or Python (Django)
- Git, Github Actions, Docker
- PostgreSQL / MongoDB
What You will need for this position
- 5+ years of overall development experience which ideally includes working with a dynamic programming language
- Excellent Documentation skills
- A lot of experience working with RESTful APIs for data access
- Experience integrating ExpressJS (NodeJS) or Python (Django) & PostgreSQL Database
- Experience integrating with AWS services and good understanding of Github Actions
- Understanding and experience of container services e.g Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of SQL and database technology such as Postgres / MongoDB
- Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CD (Continuous delivery)
- Great Communicator: Ability to work independently on assigned tasks while keeping stakeholders informed of progress, setbacks, and updated timelines
KPIs that will be measured after you start
- Code quality
- Availability, maintainability and scalability of applications built
- Defects/bugs found in production code
- Response time to issue resolution
- Testing quality and coverage
Who You'll Be Working with:
Directly reporting to our Engineering Manager, and closely working with our Tech Team.
About the team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or, if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
About Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and is Uber's preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratise vehicle ownership and empower mobility entrepreneurs across Africa.
Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Trust and Ownership.