Moove is on a mission to build the largest mobility fintech for emerging markets. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across tier 1 African cities. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
About the Role
Building the fintech mobility platform of the future necessitates putting data at the heart of everything we do. To support this mission we are building a newly created Data function composed of Data Science, Engineering, Analytic and Governance subgroupings. Our Governance unit is seeking experienced and creative business analysts who want to use their skills to improve people’s lives and help us democratize mobility through fintech.
The Data Scientists through their exceptional research and programming skills are pivotal to our Data Engineering function and will have a terrefic opportunity to make their mark in this role.
What You’ll be Doing
- Conduct undirected research and frame open-ended industry questions
Extract data and generate features from multiple internal and external sources
Employ sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning, and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive & prescriptive modeling
Thoroughly clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information
Explore and examine data from a variety of angles, extract patterns and determine hidden weaknesses, trends, and/or opportunities
In charge of the end to end data science pipeline (data selection, cleaning, preparation and transformations. Ensemble model generation, model evaluation, and hypothesis refinement)
Communicate and explain the new findings through effective data visualizations and storytelling
Conduct and publish research papers
What You will need for this position
- BS in Math, Statistics, Computer science, Engineering
- Hands-on experience in R, python, SQL, and able to work with both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in Big Data platform such as Spark is a big plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools (D3.js, Tableau, QuickSight, …)
- Experience in Information Retrieval and building end to end Machine Learning models (e.g., random forests, gradient-boosted trees, neural networks, survival models, Bayesian inference, k-means clustering, and deep learning) and optimization techniques (e.g., gradient descent, genetic algorithms).
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing, Image Processing and Signal Processing
- Experience in probabilistic programming languages (e.g., Stan, JAGS) and web programming languages (e.g., Python, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, Go)
Who You'll Be Working with:
Directly reporting to our Chief Dara Officer, and closely working with our Data Engineering Team.
About the team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make financial freedom within reach.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and Uber's preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratize financial services to make our customers more productive and successful. Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence,