Moove is on a mission to build the largest mobility fintech for emerging markets. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across tier 1 African cities. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
About the Role
Moove is looking for an experienced professional with an entrepreneurial attitude to be the Verification Rider, reporting to the City Manager. As a proven result-driven person, the Verification Rider will be physically verifying the addresses submitted by our drivers and their guarantors.
In this role, you will dig deep into the verification process, which makes the organization more efficient, effective, and amazing. If you've got excellent knowledge of all road networks, some big ideas, and an uncanny knack for compliance, this is the role for you!
We are looking for a Verification Rider who will assess, visit and provide reports of the status of the address submitted by our drivers within our operations team and also be a representative and ambassador for the team across the company as well as to external stakeholders. The ideal candidate for the role will be someone who is street smart and who has deep knowledge of various road networks.
What You’ll be Doing
- Liaising with the verification officer and developing a work plan for the effective verification process.
- Assessing the addresses of drivers and guarantors for accuracy and compliance with business policy.
- Visiting the addresses without notifying drivers or their guarantors upfront.
- Assessing risk management tactics involved in the verification of the addresses.
- Reporting address errors or fraud indicators.
- Explaining verification findings and recommending solutions.
- Ensuring that bikes are in a good condition.
- Adhering strictly to safety rules and regulations.
- Submitting daily reports to the supervisor.
- Performing any other assigned task.
What You will need for this position
- Good communication skills.
- A minimum of Higher National Certificate.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ownership of a personal vehicle.
- Good knowledge of different road networks.
- Proactive with excellent critical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, with little or no supervision.
KPIs that will be measured after you start
- Number of verified addresses.
Who You'll Be Working with:
Directly reporting to our City Manager, and closely working with our Operations Team.
About the team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and Uber's preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratize financial services to make our customers more productive and successful. Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence,